Thread: Farm Island
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #189
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowTimes View Post
Does anyone know where things stand today on the sale of Farm Island? It appears to still be listed as sale pending. I had thought the prospective purchaser had posted on this forum that he was going forward with the sale irrespective of what happens with the appeal of the planning board decision, which I took to mean he was waiving that development contingency in the sale. But I can’t find that post anymore (deleted? also possible that my memory is off). If that were true, I would have thought it would have closed already. It is also odd that it was publicly disclosed that the buyer’s contingency was to have expired months ago (the allegation was that Camp Belknap’s challenges at the planning board were to just delay the transaction past the expiration of the contingency so the Camp could swoop in and purchase the property).
Based on suggestions from one of you (thanks!), I made a donation to Belknap, and just got a thank-you note saying that they were still fighting. Separately, I did not find the Forum posts from the prospective buyer to be credible, so I would take his comments with a grain or two of salt
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote