View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #56
Woodsy

Default Huh?

Islander...

What speed related death has occurred in NH this year? Please elaborate as I have no knowledge of this event.

APS...

I really think you see some sort of conspiracy around every corner....

I would think you would be happy with the MP this season. The administrative rule that WINNFABS petitioned for (and was the basis for the speed limit test) requires legislative action in Concord. WINNFABS should have known that nothing moves too quickly in Concord in the summer. The delay is in Concord, not the MP. In fact I applaud Director Barrett for being very proactive!! Even though they were not required to do anything until the administrative rule has passed, they set up daily "radar traps" in 6 different parts of the lake to get a somewhat accurate measure of boat speed and I would assume density. At least he will have something to report back to the Transportation Committee in September.

I have no doubt, that if the Legislature were to pass a speed limit, Director Barrett would do his best to enforce it. As of right now it is still an unfunded mandate. There is a cost associated with this bill, in training, equipment, and administrative court costs.

I think MP are doing a great job with the resources they have! They have been very aggressive this year targeting rules infractions, especially with their "unmarked" PWC's...

Woodsy