View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #154
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
I will be filming all weekend, and will be sending the film to every state rep and senator. The film will be enlightening to these reps and senators that have never been on a boat, let alone spent the weekend on Winnipesaukee. The documentary will clearly show that the problem is not excessive speed GFBL boats, but rather will provide proof that there are far more serious problems, that jeopardize safety on the water. If these people are going to vote on something, they should vote on facts, not fiction created by a core group of people with an agenda. I'm going to document what really goes on out there and how dangerous these conditions are. If a GFBL boat passes too fast or too close, he'll get filmed too. It's time that the truth be told, and video does not lie.
Are you aware that some representatives and senators have homes on the lake? That some of them have worked professionally on the lake in commercial and law enforcement boats? That at least one is a former Marine Patrol Officer? That before voting on speed limits many of them were given rides on performance boats?

Who says video doesn't lie. You only see what the camera operator points the camera at. Even then you only see what they choose not to edit out. If you film all weekend you will have to edit out quite a bit. I have been interviewed on camera for up to an hour and then seen my words edited down to 20 seconds.

Even if you were to come up with a video that PROVES the problem is not excessive speed, the argument will be that your video proves the speed limit is working.