View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 09:11 PM   #308
Sue Doe-Nym

Default LTE re your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-to-NH View Post
Interesting news on the upcoming Selectman election! Thanks for that. Also, thanks for the presentation! Borrin, unfortunately, was not a great choice by the selectmen to be the HUB guy. At the meeting I went to early in the process, he came-off as so unlikable. He certainly thinks a lot about himself, however. He's not a bad guy, just all ego.
Although I can swim and played water polo as a kid, I was never good enough to make either the swim team or water polo team at my very large high school. In college I was a swim official and officiated some high school swim meets, as the cash was good. I say all this because I told Borrin 2 years ago that a regulation pool for both water polo and swim meets is a 25 yard pool with 6 lanes. A 5 lane pool will never be used for either purpose. I see in the presentation they are still saying that revenue could be made by competitions. He's right that the money from these things is quite good, but he's selling a "bill-of-goods" to people who don't know better. It may be a small thing, but the killer for me is that he knows it's not true, and so you know what that makes him.... For me, at least, it makes me wonder what else is - shall we say - embellished...
It would be most helpful to our cause if you would write a letter to the editor of the Meredith News and the Laconia Daily sun, citing the information in your post. So many Moultonborough residents get their news from these papers, and we must get everything we can to convince voters to nix this insane project. I am not at all surprised that the instigators have been suppressing the true facts and figures….it’s really a disgrace. Anyhow, if you could manage that, and we all get everyone with financial interest in this to come to the meeting on May 11 at 6.
Thanks.
Sue