View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #64
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Back to library cards, this residency PITA stuff comes for the same reason, people try to game the system. People want resident college rates, resident fishing licenses, and resident car insurance when they really don't live here. It's just like cheating on your taxes, sure sometimes you can get away with it but that doesn't make it right.
We have exactly the same situation in Moultonborough as the OP presented. My college-age daughter has lived and worked here for many summers (as did her brothers before her). Last summer she went to the library and asked for a card. She got it. I was not told of any controversy.

I, too, have a Moultonborough library card, as well as a card for the town in which I sleep 4 nights out of 7.

If Moultonborough had asked for $10 I would have paid it, but I would not have been happy. I'm certainly not looking to "game the system" but I pay as much (more?) taxes in Moultonborough as I do elsewhere. And to their credit, they have a wonderful school system because of folks like me. I don't think a library card is asking too much.