View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #130
Bigstan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Bigstan….always wanted to say a few words about prime rib,so here goes.
Marble rich is actually a good thing.Prime rib needs fat for tenderness and flavor.People often complain about too much fat on their prime rib but it's there because beef cattle are fattened up on grain,barley silage etc in the feed lots.
There are two sides to a prime rib roast.The sirloin end has less fat,a large eye and looks more like a sirloin steak.The other end(my favorite) is called the chuck end which has a smaller eye,a circle of fat in the center surrounded by flap meat which is the most tender and flavorful of all.
Some restaurants remove the circle of fat for appearance sake before serving but it's really not a bad thing.
I realize that grass fed beef is pretty trendy right now but without good marbling I wouldn't buy it for myself.
Anyway.....enjoy you prime rib and don't mind a little fat.....you only live once

Nope, it didn't phase me a bit. I appreciate the leaving the actual trimming to me. I eat around it and trim down the leftovers, that way the dogs get to splurge later on in the evening.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigstan For This Useful Post: