View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #37
Lakeflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
I have been looking online and you can get a single bimini for a relatively low cost. The factory double biminis zip together to close any gap between the two tops but I would imagine just installing one more single bimini forward of the existing one would work fine without zipping them together.
This is one reason I was posing the question here, hoping someone had simply installed one on their toon on the front of the boat.
If no one has done this I would probably bite the bullet and buy one and just install it on my toon. The thing is finding one that matches mine somewhat in frame and color. One thing mine has that you don’t see in the aftermarket ones is the black anodized aluminum frame. Having a mismatched aluminum colored frame wouldn’t bother me too much. They seem easy to install, it’s just taking a chance on the purchase and hoping you can retrofit it on your toon and have it function properly.
When I was at Meredith Marina, I inquired with the salesman there (where we bought the boat) on buying a factory one and he was very wishy washy on how it could be done...I recall him saying you could get a frame then have the fabric done at a local canvas shop.
My toon has no trailer so the logistics of that seem prohibitive cost wise.
I never pursued it any further but you would (think) you could just buy the whole factory setup and be done with it. On another note, the factory frames are welded to the rails so perhaps that was the rub? The aftermarket ones simply attach to the rails with hardware....decisions decisions....

The canvas shop at Melvin Marina might be able to help you, and can measure your boat at the dock.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Lakeflier is offline   Reply With Quote