View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Mee-n-Mac

Question If it's really bad ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee
Does anyone know of a good product or method for removing the inevitable hazing that occurs on fiberglass as it ages. Our boat is a dark blue and it really shows up. We've tried a few products but they haven't given even fair results.
I'll assume you've tried the normal waxes and polishes/rubbing compounds. If these haven't worked, I recall 2 products I've seen on "Ship Shape TV" that claim to restore gelcoat. One was from Dolphinite (I don't recall the product name) and the other was Poli Glow. I've heard the later is the same as, or similar to, VertGlas. I don't have personal experience with either but if what I saw on TV is real, the Poli Glow did an amazing job. There was significant time spent cleaning and prepping the hull but the final coating of ?? stuff ?? looked great. I'll mention that someone on the BoaterED forum thought highly of the VertGlas he used.

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 05-06-2004 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Poli Glow not Poli Coat
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote