View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #130
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Agree completely. How will MP know what speed is required on each and every boat to maintain steerage? I see this as causing confusion and many ticket challenges in court.
I disagree and think it will lead to fewer issues. It clears up the intent of the law - go slow and minimize the wake (I said minimize as I realize one cannot completely eliminate it). Those people who are going to contest a ticket under the current system (I was going 6MPH...) are probably the same ones who are going to contest a ticket under the proposed system (I can’t steer my boat if I go any slower...).

As to GPS in a boat, perhaps I’m the exception to the rule. I’ve driven a wide range of boats during my five decades on the lake and only the most recent has had GPS - in fact, most have not had a speedometer. In my current boat I rarely turn on the GPS; I’ve never felt the need to use it to monitor my speed in a NWZ or anywhere else.

I feel confident I can get through a NWZ safely and efficiently - and my guess is so can anyone else on this forum. That said, it is interesting in these winter months to talk about boating - ice out is not far away!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post: