Thread: PWC Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Looking to purchase a new PWC. Looking for reliability, comfortable ride, not overly concerned about speed, 45-50 is plenty. Price is also a concern that's why I'm looking in the recreation category. Sea Doo GTI vs Yamaha VX. Advice on either is welcome.
If you're not into super fast then stay away from supercharged models. They require more maintenance and a non super charged model is plenty fast enough for most.
I bought a Sea Doo Gti 130 and it will do 55mph with one person. It's super reliable and needs very little maintenance. If you want a little more speed they have a GTI 155. Basically the same machine with a little more horse power.
Sea Doo and Yamaha are the most popular. I looked at both and decided on Sea Doo after all my research. If I had to buy another one the only thing I would do different is to go with the GTI 155.
I haven't been on a Yamaha VX but friends who have used mine say the Yamaha feels heavier and doesn't handle as well as the Sea Doo. I can't confirm this but I've heard this more often than not.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote