View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
Gatto Nero

My daughter Melissa, in the Sox cap, spent almost a year and a half training Rhiana from a puppy of 9 weeks.. In September of last year, just as Melissa was heading to her freshman year of college, she had to return Rhiana to Guiding Eyes in upstate New York to begin the formal part of her guide dog training. It was a very emotional time in our house. In the months since then we have been getting regular updates on Rhiana's progress. The trainers there were consistently impressed with the job that Melissa had done with her and never failed to tell her so. Three weeks ago Rhiana met and trained with her new owner (left). Today Rhiana graduated and will now travel to Indiana where she will live and serve her owner. Today was another very emotional day for Melissa. Of course she's proud of what she was able to do but now has to say goodbye to Rhiana forever, which was one of the harder things she has ever had to do. To say I'm proud of her is a serious understatement. I know how hard she worked and how much love she gave for a fantastic cause. Congratulations Melissa and Rhiana. The pleasure was all ours. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332615562.049063.jpg
Views: 2895
Size:  52.2 KB

Last edited by Gatto Nero; 03-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Gatto Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gatto Nero For This Useful Post: