Thread: Forum Fest-2011
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
ghfromaltonbay

Default Agree with changing the date

I'm glad someone has again picked up the ball and is running with it for Forum Fest 2011. I also agree that a different weekend should be chosen each year as locking in a specific weekend (3rd in Aug. the past few years or previously the Sat. after Labor Day) makes it impossible for those whose vacations occur at other times or who have conflicts. I remember when the Forum Fest was the Sat. after Labor Day, which was great for me, but some people could not attend because they were back at school or had season tickets for BU or BC football games. Like the previous poster, Chris Exley, there are many of us who live a great distance from the lake and attending the Fest as a "day trip" to the lake is impossible. This year I know I will be at the lake 8/7-8/14 also, but luckily there will be several other weeks in July and Sept. when I'll be in NH. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it. The 3rd Sat. in August should be avoided as that was done the past 2 years as well as the year the Fest was held at Lake Shore Park and the same Forum members seem to be locked out for that weekend due to other commitments or how their vacations are scheduled during the summer. Unless you own your own place, a lot of resorts give first dibs for the same weeks each year to their rental guest so your vacation weeks depend on your previous year's rental.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 04-28-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added phrase
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote