View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 07:51 PM   #22
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
So way back in 2006, I had a business trip to call on customers in Brazil and Argentina during the World Cup. A couple of weeks before the trip, I was working the agenda with our local guys and 1 of the days in Brazil and 1 of the days in Argentina, there were no meetings scheduled. When I asked why, my colleague told me that's when Brazil and Argentina were playing, and all business shuts down so everyone can watch the game. My colleague lived in Sao Paulo and on the day of the Brazil game, he had a "watch party" at his apartment and invited me over. His apartment was on about the 10th or 12th floor. Brazil won their game and when it ended, suddenly outside the apartment there was this mega BOOM and flash. People were shooting off huge fireworks down on the street that were exploding outside his apartment 10 floors up!! Next thing I knew, my new Brazlian friends from the Watch Party and I were headed to the neighborhood bars and people were dancing in the streets, waving flags, blowing those obnoxious horns...it was crazy.

Then, two days later in Argentina, it was the same thing all over again!! It was an experience I will never forget!

Sound like you were in the right places at the right times. The result great memories for a lifetime.

I spent a couple of hours on my 19th birthday seated behind the goal that both goals were scored in from a 1 to 1 tie between Naples and Milan in Naples. At the time the rivalry would be compared to a Red Sox-Yankees game, and the energy in the stadium was one that I’’be never experienced since. Many fans from each side carried flags with home colors. I witnessed one stupid but very brave fan with a Blue and White Milan flag circle the stadium over to the orange and black side to suddenly disappear like a guppy in and oscar’s fishbowl. Incredible passion during the game but then once it was over they were hugging in the streets.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote