View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 01:40 PM   #28
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Seems like a shame to add more condos, Is there really a shortage of condos on Winnipesaukee???

Sandy Point going condo just shuts out visitors even more from getting a really nice lake experience.

I think a nice hotel/inn would so much more interesting. There are so few places to point people to where they can stay in a really modern/clean/nice hotel on the water.

I suppose the seasonal nature of the region makes an upscale resort not too likely, probably not profitable enough in the modern world.

As a kid there were so many nice family oriented but clean/nice and affordable places to stay on the lake. Now its all privately owned and prices are easily exceeding most peoples primary homes. Totally flip flopped from my childhood when Winnipesaukee waterfront homes with beach and dock were less than half the cost of peoples primary homes.

Progress, I guess,,,
Reading through the "Summer Staffing" thread, there are many reasons why running a hotel as you describe, is more rare these days. Nevertheless, you can rent many of these condos on VRBO, but usually not for just one night.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote