View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #53
Arabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Winni Wake fest View Post
We are aware of the concerns and want to be as respectful as possiblle regarding wake, etc. We encourage the development and progress of new sports for the current and up and coming generations. This post is regarding wake sports and event location, not a thread to complain. Thanks.
You repeatedly say you want to be as respectable as possible, so what actions do you intend to take in order to address the real issues of shore erosion and shore/property damage?

There appears to be little or no consideration here for the impact of wake action on others or our lake. The water quality of our beautiful lake will continue to degrade until one day we'll be looking around at a big mud hole wondering how we let it go.

I don't live on Winni, but I am regularly on the receiving end of big wakes hitting the shore/docks, it is as bad as people describe here. I realize the folks in the boat have little awareness of what their wakes are doing on the shore, but it is real and it is bad.

My guess is that additional legislation will come. Not because we want more laws, because people will try to solve a real problem. Just ignoring the problem will not give you the results you want.

I hope you are unable to find a location in any public lake. A private body of water built for this purpose is where this type of activity belong.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arabella For This Useful Post: