View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #25
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default "Exposed"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I'm actually surprised they are kids going to camp being exposed to any kind of firearms. I thought these camps are more interested now in social engineering, and guns ain't part of that equation
Apparently, you never went to summer camp. Riflery is/was pretty standard.
I went to a dude ranch in WY a few years ago that advertised, among other things, a rifle range. I asked an d they pointed. WShen I got there, arifle and a box of ammo was there. Help yourself.
Hmmm. First exposure was to BB guns was at Camp Belknap. At an older age, .22 caliber. Highly structured safety protocols. Got a Marksman Ribbon in the Navy (.45 caliber) although we learned safety protocols on many different guns.
As a kid, many schools had riflery clubs and Jr. ROTC. Boy Scouts had parallel programs. And most kids learned hunter safety.
This BS about no guns is pretty recent and only comes from ignorance and inexperience.
Last year, for Father's Day, my son and I went to a shooting event with automatic rifles, 12,000 rounds, $20 a turn, as a fund raiser. Hundreds of participants.
I'm not a gun nut, or an anti-gun freak, it's a sport, like many others. Probably safer than many others, but unfortunately, subject to misguided PR in recent times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: