Thread: Mountain WebCAM
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #6
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander
Congratulations on a great location. That sounds like hard work.

I hate focusing webcams! I finally decided I must be looking at a live image while I focus. Or there must be two people, one focusing and one watching and yelling..
Thanks. Think next time I'll have someone manning the laptop and yelling, beats dropping that off the ladder too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander
Have you considered pointing the camera down a little to sacrifice some sky for more ground detail.
I'll try that. There is some cleared land and guy anchors below the current view, I didn't think its very interesting. However, a snow stake with graduated colors might be informative. Over the last decade of winters the max snow levels have ranged from 1.5 feet to 5 feet. Hoping for some of those lightening shots hitting Red Hill... or any spot but this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler
Both the Ossipee Lake Cam and OVSC trailcam are Stardot netcam and were focused prior to installation.
This one was focused on the ground as well, looked good, until I dropped it on the way up .... arrrghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler
This is what my Stardot Dealer recommends for focusing the cams.
I got the cam with a extra wide angle lens. It didn't give me the picture that I wanted to see, so I screwed on the standard lens. I believe one was a C and one a CS, and I didn't have that spacer ring. In any event, the time the cam takes to process the image before displaying it makes the whole process rather long. Maybe there is a way to look at a non processed image?
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote