View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #17
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Unions have long overstayed their welcome. Anyone who has worked in the education system knows this. It's not about the kids, it's about how little the teachers can do for the most money. Same with public works projects where the mantra is don't kill the job under any circumstances. Unions had their place in history, but in today's age are an obstacle to progress.

I am sick and tired about people complaining about executive compensation. Do you know why corporate executives get paid a lot of money? Because the market demands it! Boards of Directors, who are beholden to their shareholders, want to be in a position in which the can tell their shareholders that they hired the best, most qualified person to lead their company. This process requires that the person selected gets paid, and gets paid well. This process requires that the company, in order to exclusively lock up the executive, agrees to pay the executive a lot of money should the company let the executive go prior to the end of his or her contract, since the executive is foregoing other opportunities.

Instead of admiring and striving to achieve that level of success, we are teaching our children that success is unattainable, and that there's no reason to try. Jealousy is at the heart of this. Just remember, knocking someone down doesn't necessarily raise you up.

At least you know that small businesses don't pay the least amount they can to their employees. As a part owner of small business, our philosophy is to be as generous as we can to our employees while maintaining a framework of fairness and consistent treatment to our employees.
Come teach one week in my classroom and then tell me I'm overpaid. There's a reason the attrition rate is almost 50%. You clearly know nothing about education but what you read.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: