View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #32
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
You asked for advice on steak and potatoes, not too pricey, not too poofy. Everybody here agreed on the Ellecoya Barn & Grill or Patrick's Pub. So you changed you mind to Prime Rib and seafood and you were disappointed in a place that nobody recommended for your criteria.
So, it really doesn't matter if you were disappointed: Did your brother have a good meal? He's the only one that matters on his birthday. Overall, it sounds like it was a great evening.
Ellacoya only takes reservations for groups of 6+, and I was confident it would be too busy to just drop in on a tight schedule. Turned out to be a good decision—when we drove by, place was jammed.

In any case, my brother very much enjoyed the evening—he'd spent the first half of the day fishing with my son on his new boat (my brother's). I think in another life with different circumstances, my brother would have become a pilot.

As for his meal, he enjoyed it but was also surprised to find only two shrimps...especially since it's the only seafood he eats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: