View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #62
gravy boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
My wife and I are in our 30s and purchased a home in downtown Meredith about 10 years ago. We love it because of its "walk-ability" and abundant restaurant and shopping options. Which is the same reason why other young professionals would love to live downtown. Traffic is always going to be there in-season - it's a side-effect of living in such a beautiful downtown. We park the cars in the driveway on Friday evening and oftentimes don't move them again until our Monday morning commute. More retail and lodging space would also bring more traffic. Within 10 miles of downtown Meredith you've got the main offices of BankNH and MVSB, FSB and Northway branches, Cru-Con Cruise, dozens of insurance and lawyers offices, a handful of burgeoning, youthful real estate operations, LRGH and Speare, etc. There are plenty of young professionals willing to pay $2,000+/month to live in a modern apartment building across the street from Meredith Bay.
And don't forget the companies right off of Parade Road in Laconia - NH Ball Bearing (aerospace), Titelfex (aero again), Aavid/Boyd, Viant (med device) to name only a few - all in O'Shea Industrial Park on Lexington. And a 15 or so minute drive from downtown Meredith. There are also machine shops and assorted other smaller companies in the area nobody hears of. I can tell you that the larger companies I mentioned above relocate people from all over the country and employ engineers, machinists, operations at all levels, quality, supply chain and more. With the boomers retiring there is a definite need for younger workers to fill the vacancies. And the four larger companies I mentioned above are all essential so stayed open that last few months. And Laconia housing is tight, as well, so a need is certainly out there.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote