View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #83
longislander

Talk about flipping mindsets for convenience.

Here's the MoBo blogger today, on his blog:

Quote:
My answer is the same as I stated at candidates night in 2014: the majority of citizens in Moultonboro do not want SB2 and I would not support it.
Here is what his position was when he was championing it (from Foster's, by the same reporter who now covers MoBo for the Meredith News):

Quote:
Resident Paul Punturieri made a presentation on behalf of the Moultonborough Citizen's Alliance in favor of SB2.
I was not personally involved in that town battle at the time, but it didn't take much to get a pulse, on the lies and untruths about what SB-2 is and does, since. He should have stuck to truism. Then again, he wasn't part of the town power base back then!

I do not believe SB-2 would pass in Moultonborough, just as an Official Budget Committee (as opposed to the present Advisory Budget Committee) would not pass, either. Not because the mechanisms will not work fine for MoBo, but because the present power base would sabotage any effort to pass them.

There's no great necessity for either, anyway. Ignorance is bliss, and the Annual Town Meeting is a favorite get-together for a lot of folks ... what the heck, so be it. Lunch sandwiches, with an apple, a beverage, a cookie is only five dollars!