View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #117
Hermit Cover

Smile A Waldo Breakfast ....

Every once in a while Mrs. HC and I eat a Saturday breakfast out.....we headed to Donna Jean's in Weirs but were turned away by crowds of anxious diners waiting for a table and no parking...."Let's try Peppers, I said" and down the Weirs - Gilford - Laconia Parkway we headed. Now everyone know's we love Waldo and Pepper....and Waldo Peppers....but I have to say we were pleased to find a parking space in their lot and a full restaurant....10:15 am...and we sat down to a really nice breakfast experience.

Only two empty tables and an 18 person family reunion group ( how many places have the room and table length to seat 18 'hungry's' at ONE table??) We were waited on quickly (the coffee pot was at the ready) and the specials were mentioned but we opted for the biggest breakfast on the menu....The B-52...( I have all their CD's) with 2 eggs your way...bacon or sausage or ham...toast....and a pile of fried potato cubes...plus a couple slices of french toast. It was out of the kitchen and on our table before the TV in the corner could say "Joe Biden" twice. A great Saturday morning breakfast....well-prepared, hot off the griddle, and quick polite service and the price was way too low!!! We may have a new Saturday morning tradition.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote