View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #114
RI Swamp Yankee

Thumbs up RISY Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
I have been watching to see if there has been any discussion about change in the lobster rolls regarding the chunks verses the leg meat in the rolls. .......
I can't say if there is a change but I had lunch there today and had the Lobster Roll. We arrived to see a sign "seat yourself", ok, we did. hmm no menu ... young lady promply brought menus and asked what we would like to drink. ... good start ... When she saw we were ready to order she came to take our order, I already knew I wanted hot buttered Lobster Roll but didn't see it on menu so I ordered "Lobster roll", young lady didn't miss a beat and asked "hot or cold?" ... ok, now we are rolling.... I ordered hot and onion rings for my wife and I to split. Lobster roll came with fries and cold slaw. Within a reasonable amount of time my order and my wife's order came. Hot lobster roll and a little (but ample) container of melted butter. Slaw was just a tiny bit sweet and very good. Fries were pre salted (didn't know they would be) and just the right amount of crispy without being greasy. Lobster Roll .. did have some leg meat and also had chunks of claw and tail meat. I ate about half the meat before I got down to a perfectly buttered toasted roll. (side note: there is no gracefull way to pick up a hot buttered roll withoot getting you fingers butterey.. enjoy and lick you fingers after) Onion rings were almost as good as I remember, sliced a little thicker than I remembered but good light batter, crispy and not greasy. (or less greasy than most fried onion rings). Young lady did come back shortly to see if eveything was ok.

I left full and satisfied with leftover rings that I warmed on the grill for supper back at the campground. Overall I found the service to be good, cheerful, and friendly. .... no, I didn't ask here for a hug!

Only negative, which is now common everwhere, was the question "Do you need change?"

Just my observation for today's visit, your mileage may vary.