Thread: Fake IDs
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #24
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Unfortunately, the NH court/justice system does not work that way. I would bet my home that if the OP went it alone, s/he would be convicted of the original offense, with the mandatory punishment applied. No question. The benefit of hiring an attorney is that the prosecutor will negotiate with the defendant's attorney out of respect for the attorney and the motivation to avoid a protracted case.
I am not going to belabour the conversation much further as I think the Original Poster got his question answered ……………

My final comments are kind of in line with Majors point -- I do not know if NH is set up that same as MA but in the case/experience that we went through, all Mass courts have a "Clerk of the Court" -- they are very powerful individuals, and their prime purpose is to keep frivolous cases out of the system. By frivolous I do not mean not necessarily worthy of the court- but rather situations that can be resolved without having to fill up the court Docket...……… with attorneys present the parties can reach agreement that the "Clerk" is satisfied with and the case never goes to trial -----

For that to happen -- you need an attorney !!

Nuff said, I'm out of this thread now