View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 07:38 AM   #126
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
This evening we cruised up to Melvin Bay to watch the sunset. There were several boats watching with running lights on. As we decided to leave and cruise back I noticed 4 objects floating not far from us. We cruised over and discovered there were four paddle boards floating. One girl had a puppy on board. Another had two girls on one board. Another had a girl by herself. The other paddle board had a guy probably in his late 20's.. couldn't tell it was getting too dark. They were all out the way out in the middle of Melvin bay and Black island.

We stopped and told them that is very difficult to see them. "You are in a dangerous situation and said any watercraft must having nav lights after dusk." You guys have nothing to show that you out here in the middle of the bay. I suggested I would follow them to a closer area to shore. They said in a few words "don't worry we are ok and that they weren't concerned. And thank you for interest." But no need for your help!
You can't fix stupid. There is already a law that they must have a white light and through ignorance or sheer stupidity they ignore it.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote