View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
There's an incredibly simple and obvious solution. There are literally thousands of people arriving to the US border every week looking for a better life and willing to do hard manual labor for reasonable salary. Maybe instead of paying to keep them in detention centers, they could get temporary work visas and add to the economy rather than subtract from it. If they prove to be adding to society over time, give them permanent resident status and let them apply for citizenship, if not send them home. It's astounding to me that this is not happening right now.

Please don't make this political, it's simply pragmatic and I think a necessary step to keep the economy booming longer. If we don't add to the work force, inflation is going to be a problem soon and that will slow the economy.
I am not trying to make this political.... But instead of worrying about the immigrants waiting at the boarder, how about makeing those that are collecting unemployment, or welfare take these positions at least on a part time basis. while there are supposed to be looking for work.

Just because jobs seem plentiful, don't believe that there aren't people still out there playing the system. Don't believe that there aren't people available with the ability to work...

I could go on and on, but I will not.... I will simply say the solution is available, and it has nothing to do with immigration... it has to do with reforming unemployment, and walfare systems... so that it isn't a "money for free" operation...