View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #23
Patofnaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I'm a big eater and every tapas place I've ever been to I left hungry. I remember playing golf on that course back in the 90's with my son and his friends. It was sooo bad we were laughing through the whole thing. None of us were very good golfers back then anyway.
I feel your pain. I also stay away from tapis as my understanding is that word is Spanish for 'fancy tidbit that leaves you hungry' until I went to this place.

The serve 'Americanized tapis' meaning if you order say the steak tips you get 4 big tips on a skewer, not 1 in a plate sitting on a grape leaf with a reduction of I don't care. Once you start stacking up one of this and one of that, you're there for an evening and you leave full.

Sidebar: When my wife and I went in 2016 we were seated in a room where the table next to us came in as a bride's night out, so we had maybe 14 mid-20's I shall use the word 'girls', next to us. While the conversations were a bit rowdy and they we not quiet, it was ok. I got a chuckle. The owner offers us free deserts to compensate our inconvenience even though we never said a word about the noise. He did not have to, we never asked, but it was a class move.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote