View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Arrow .... about 500 - 1000 yards out on the ice?

There were many, many, many cars and pickup trucks parked out on the ice, maybe a distance of 500 to 1000-yards from the town docks, along with many, many, many, many people, and the race cars, racing around an improvised oval track on the ice.

Without actually counting the cars, trucks and people, it is impossible to accurately says what the numbers were; 100, 200, 300-vehicles .....ditto that for people....but it was easily the biggest number I had ever seen out there in 25-years, for me. There was a huge number of cars and spectators.

Some photographs will hopefully show up because a picture is worth a thousand words, as the old saying goes. Without any photos, it's just a big
unknown ..... with photos, it will be obvious that it was a huge race event ....with many, many many people ...... out on the frozen Meredith Bay.

You get this picture ..... buddy! ..

Who knows ...... maybe we'll have to wait till Thursday when the Meredith News comes out, or till Tuesday when the LaDaSun comes out ...... but with so many hundreds of people out at the ice track .... no doubt about it ...... some pictures should soon show up .....capice!

If no pictures show up ...... then just maybe it never really even happened at all ...... and, it was all an old episode from The Twilight Zone ...... with hundreds and hundreds of people, hundreds of parked cars and pickups, maybe 30 or more race cars, all crammed onto the ice about 500-1000 yards out there ....... and my name is Rod Serling coming to you from The Twilight Zone ... ho-ho-ho ...... (Twilight Zone theme music here) .... and hee-haw!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-18-2018 at 08:32 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote