View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 09:46 PM   #84
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
For those with cameras, what are your settings? I was gonna set notifications, but then what happens when I or my family leave/return? I'd be getting notifications all the time!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I have mine all set to send notifications every time there is motion 24/7 and I just ignore it when I am coming/going and at times I expect someone else to be coming/going. I have notifications on silent for overnight as I have my cameras set to be fairly sensitive (they pick up the bunny that comes in and out of our yard most nights). I believe with Nest you can set it to only send you notifications when you aren't home but I find them helpful when I am home and hear something outside and can't tell if someone is at our house or neighbors (our houses are close together). If we are having work done at house I can snooze ring so it will still record but not notify me of events. Blink seems to either just be on (with notification of choice) or off with no recording and no notifications so I usually leave it on except for times like lawn mowing when we are triggering lots of notifications ourselves.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kauriel For This Useful Post: