View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Use to be way better than SEFL. Lately, not so. Too many people and people are becoming more arrogant. I didn't go last winter because of the pandemic and I'm not looking forward to going this winter, although I left a week open for the family in Siesta Key. Good neighbors say I'm not missing a thing!
Tampa and Ft Meyers are way too crowded for me. Sarasota been great!
I will respectfully disagree. I sold the previous Florida house and had a new one built in very South Fort Myers this year. I enjoy the winter weather and getting away from the snow. We were boating until 7:30 last night and just made plans to go boating this Saturday. It is an easy boat ride to Marco island or Sanibel.

There are many things that are not great, with Florida drivers being first on that list. Yes, in season it gets a little crowded but you just have to pick and choose when you schedule anything. Being semi-retired it is easy to stay out of stores and restaurants on weekends, and the earlier you do anything on a weekday the less crowded it is.

I don't find the crowds worth worrying about, and the weather makes everything OK!

How do you hate this?
Attached Images

TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote