Thread: Oil Changes
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #18
NoBozo

MAXUM..You got me started again. My previous post in this thread........elaberated below.

Here's the SCAM. The service tech comes to me (in the waiting room) and says my brakes are "Low and Soft". So I says..what does that mean..? He says my rear brake shoes are worn down (37,000 miles) and need to be re-adjusted to compensate for the wear.

The Problem IS: The Brakes..(Toyota) including the rear "drum" brakes have been "Self Adjusting" for well over a decade in these cars. ...AND I KNEW THIS. My Bad.

Every time you back up.. and hit the brakes....the rear brakes self adjust themselves. Front....or any Disc Brakes... have ALWAYS been self adjusting in any car that has them..

Most vehicles today have "Disc" Brakes in the front and "Drum" brakes in the rear. Higher end cars have DISC brakes on All Four. Just Sayin.

EDIT: This episode is only a small part of the SCAM that transpired at Newport Toyota on that day in November 2008. .....and I had Always considered myself privileged.. to deal with an "Honest" car dealer.

Last edited by NoBozo; 11-26-2010 at 06:28 PM.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote