Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 06:46 AM   #109
jeffk

I signed up first thing Friday morning and got a reply from nh.gov later that day telling me to expect an email from the CDC in a day or two. UNFORTUNATELY, the CDC email was routed into my SPAM folder. Not expecting an immediate response, I wasn't digging around to look for it. I found it on Sunday and immediately got scheduled but at that point I was pushed to March 10. Ah well. I figure by the end of April I should have had both shots and enough time for it to build to maximum immunity. In the grand scheme of things it won't matter too much. We will still be wearing masks and not gathering. I expect that will last until the Fall at least and maybe to the end of the year.

I worry about the initial effects of COVID but, if you don't have a severe case, you can be over it in a few weeks. What I fear is the longhauler effects. Some people have continual chronic fatigue. I know one man and his wife who lost their smell and taste. Months later, he still cannot smell or taste much and his wife says some foods now taste like gasoline to her. Those types of effects could be life altering.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffk For This Useful Post: