View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #22
Shreddy

I'm the "younger" generation and I use to ride for years. I had a street bike (R6) and then a Harley (Street bob). Loved both but got rid of my Harley a few years ago for two reasons. One, I wasn't riding that much. When I had my weekends, I'd likely be spending it on the boat, at the beach, or on the golf course so there just wasn't enough time. Two, the level of distracted drivers is concerning. I never cared much, but it's drastic how many people you can see on phones, etc. and I had my fair share of close calls. Just wasn't worth it for the time being. It was never me I was worried about, just everyone else. With that said, I'll likely have another Harley in the future...now's just not the time.

One other consideration...the younger population simply can't afford a bike as a luxury item as much anymore. The cost of living increases, wages/salaries decrease, and real estate inventory is limited. It's a crazy market and I'm fortunate to be in the position I'm in, but I look around at many friends and see the struggle daily and the future isn't all that promising especially with boat loads of debt on everyone's shoulders.