View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #84
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I follow your logic and agree, to a point. I just sent out a note to the parents at my school. I did not tell people what they can and cannot do, but tried to make sure everyone understands that actions can have unintended consequences. If as a result of a Thanksgiving gathering a case of covid ends up in school, we have no choice but to go remote; we are very small and keeping all grades and staff apart is not possible. Right now we are one of the few area schools that is open full time; we want to keep it that way. One thing that seems odd to me is the spread is not occurring in schools, but is occurring in bars, restaurants, and gyms, Yet the focus is on closing schools and keeping other things open. Shouldn't we be closing the places where we know spread is occurring and allow schools to stay open? I don't have answers, just some Saturday thoughts.
Students are definitely spreading it through sports and activities, but it's impossible to tell if at school. My school said we'd stay hybrid unless there was proof in-school transmission. The problem is that it's impossible, given the timing/asymptomatic potential/incubation period, to know where the spread actually occurred.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app