View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #44
gravy boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Let's not forget those 250k deaths are AFTER all we've done to curb the spread of the virus.

Honestly, now that my students' tests are coming back positive and my tire shop just called to let me know the salesman I worked with last week tested positive, I'm starting to feel like the walls are closing in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I do see that the CDC website indicates 249,670 deaths attributed to COVID in the US to date. I also see 11,465,722 total cases in the US to date. And there are 328.2 million people currently living in the US. Which means only 0.07% of the US population will die from COVID.

It's been almost 9 months and most of us have been behaving and doing as we have been directed to do by our government and "experts". And yet here is another surge. And although this surge was expected my guess is the same demographic is being impacted again -- the elderly and those with underlying health issues. So why not insist they stay inside and be protected? The elderly (and some obviously unhealthy people) are still out shopping at Hannaford, WalMart, Lowe's, etc. so they are putting themselves at risk by being out there among potential carriers.

Sorry, but we haven't insisted those at risk stay at home -- and to me that seems to be the best way to protect them.

GB
The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post: