View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 05:40 PM   #71
bobkatfly

Default A few words on AT& T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilljester View Post
Same experience here in Wolfeboro; difference between this summer and last summer is night and day. Wish there was a practical way to provide feedback. (I'm guessing they changed the orientation of the antenna on the Kingswood water tower in my case.)

No way the coverage maps linked above are still accurate / current based on this thread.
Here in Tuftonboro we've had AT& T for many years. Where I live there is no high speed cable service available. We've talked to all of them over the years and they won't bring a line up to us. Same with DSL and I haven't heard a good word on satellite (Hughes etc.). So, we've relied on cell service using the phone as a hot spot for laptop and other devices as I was working from home often.
Up until this year service was acceptable. This year service went down the drain. Talked to CS about 6 times and they went through the standard cue card advice and did some reset on their end. Service got better for a few days max then down the drain again. After awhile it was apparent that service in the early morning hours and during weekdays was better than later in the day and weekends. We have a direct line of sight to the towers near Gunstock and using a couple apps confirmed we were pulling from that tower. Still little or no service.
Definitely fits the description of de-prioritization. Doesn't appear to a good solution in the near future for any carrier.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote