View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #69
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
There are 8 sources there, and if you search you'll find it's the reality--local business owners have also posted about the difficulty in the past.

Listen, I'm not being snarky because I enjoy it, but confirmation bias is a real thing that's affecting America (the world?) and Americans' abilities to have real conversation. When someone posts "Pocahontas" or an obviously biased article/source, any real potential in that discussion is immediately destroyed because it's immediately not open-minded. I, too, am at risk for confirmation bias, but I try my absolute best to be aware of it.

That being said, the Lakes Region is struggling big time with employment--Red Hill Dari opened late with limited hours, Faro just closed, the AT&T store closed, The Bob House and Canoe almost always have tables they can't sit, etc. etc. We really need to start having serious conversations about solutions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The discussion topic maybe one of many restaurants and service related businesses need to reassess. Does one need to open a 300 seat location? Their are many examples of local establishments in the area that seat small numbers and are very successful. The lake region population is changing and the local businesses must adapt or close

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote