Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #86
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Umm, BS and MS in Physics here, so I get the mathematics. That's not my argument (and how insulting that you assume I don't get the math). My argument is with the assumption that laserp didn't look behind his boat for 5 minutes. Laserp never stated that; people are parsing two separate sentences to put words in his mouth. Yes, his writing is unclear, but why assume what you're assuming? Why not ask him for clarification? Why not try to see that he was doing all that looking around in the 5 minutes it took to reach his destination? I know I don't like it when people try to twist my words into something I didn't say. I'll stick around and call you on it. Perhaps laserp didn't feel like bothering.
gilly it really seems as though you are taking this all so personally. Answer this question. Do you think, based on lp's statement, that there is a higher than normal probability that laserp made an error and failed to keep a proper lookout? If you do not think that there is a higher than normal probability then explain laserp's statement to me... this one:

Started to pull off plain and pull to the right. Turned around and this guy was 20ft from me doing at least 30.

By his own admission he appears to be surprised that a boat was so close to him and by his own admission laserp then had to take evasive action:

I hit the throttle and cut hard right and fortunately he cut hard left.

Explain to me your theoretical probabilities on this one. laserp appear to be surprised to see a boat and then had to make an evasive maneuver to avoid a collision. Why are you taking this all so personally. LIFORRELAXIN wasn't calling you out specifically and neither am I. What is it that we are doing that is so offensive to you. I am not bashing lp. What I am doing is taking issue with his post that included name calling and derogatory statements towards a boater while he himself made an error in the situation. I am not saying lp is completely to blame. I am merely pointing out that lp has owns some blame in this situation. I am not PARSING sentences btw. I am a very well educated person myself. I have read the post with your theories in mind, do the same with my theories in your head. The probability that lp did NOT look behind him based on his statements is off the charts high. He posted as if he didn't consider that was the law. Regardless of how one reads his post it is very clear that lp made a little mistake. NO BIG DEAL. This isn't personal, stop making it personal.