View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
Couple of thoughts/recommendations.

First, as I recall you were likely having battery issues last year. Batteries/battery issues don't get better with age and if you are running with a single battery set up (which I recall you are) you are tempting fate. Marina's are so busy this time of year "checking the battery system" might be a relative term.

Second, do you have a water fuel separator? If not, I would recommend getting one. If so, did they change it as part of the winterization process?

Third, I agree with the other posts that it's best to store the boat with as much fuel as possible to avoid condensation to the extent possible.
My battery has always started the motor without a problem—even when it was stalling when putting the trim down—but we're going into the 6th season with it, so I'm just gonna change it out proactively. Thoughts on brand?

Sam's this week ($20 off special): Duracell dual purpose = $55 or starting = $60

Interstate (what was in there): $135

Everstart (WalMart): $70

Also, we don't have a fuel separator—fuel guy at Ambrose Cove looked and suggested it as well. Any idea on cost for that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote