View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #42
trackeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Trackeer.....

Laconia didn't jam anyone.... The real estate market for the lake has low inventory and high demand, especially for the waterfront homes.

If you want to blame somebody for an increase in your assessment... blame the flatlander out of state buyer who is willing to pay the 20%-30% premium over and above the assessed value to own waterfront property. It is not people working and living in Laconia that are buying these houses.

Woodsy

Ha!!!
I blame no one for the property value increase, I simply state that the City essentially did a money grab based on a unsustainable real-estate market. This is a City that operates apparently Hand to Mouth, I have had many conversations with the cities head of Roads etc., his comments leave me to believe there is no money for him to operate his department properly.
As for flatlanders etc., that is a story older than my time here in NH, a second HA!!!! yes I didn't expect Laconites to be buying Lake Front in Laconia, thankfully for the Flatlanders the Laconia folks have them to help support their obviously financial screwed up City.
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote