View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #51
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
What I find frustrating is how easy it is to simply blame the other guy, or other party. Since the ACA was put into place the Republicans have campaigned relentlessly on how their plans and ideas will be so much better - more people covered, more choice, and lower costs. So what happened? It's clear there was no plan, just 7 years of talk, blame, and empty promises...

What's the solution? Start with this question - why are health care costs so much higher in the USA than the rest of the developed world? And, why is overall coverage lower? It's importantly to recognize that these are truths, not fake news.

Once people are willing to address the issue at hand and not simply blame the other guy or lament about the "good old days", we might find some answers. Given the state of affairs in Washington and the polarizing nature of the issue itself, I don't have lots of hope. IMHO there simply are far too few leaders (are there any?!) in our political system. Instead we have all kinds of blowhards, equally dispersed across the aisle.

Clearly I don't have the answer either!
I agree, and we could start by reigning in the drug companies and their ridiculous price gouging. They are all going to get big tax breaks with this new lower corporate tax law. Do you think they are going to give the consumer a break by lowering their drug prices? I think not!
There are soooo many Bio Tech companies taking over big spaces along RT128 in Ma. Why is that? Because the drug industry is a cash cow!
And then you have these big greedy Hedge Fund firms buying up these drug companies that have developed life saving drugs and raising the prices on drugs that people can't live with out.
These Hedge Fund firms are the ones screwing everyone to keep their investors happy. They should outlaw all Hedge Funds or tax them to death! I could rant on but my blood pressure is rising. Where are my pills?

Last edited by Biggd; 12-08-2017 at 10:32 AM.