View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #18
ApS

Thumbs up Fire and Patience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
Everything Hillcountry minus the saw. In my opinion, it will be more effective and easier to break out the axe as your saw, regardless if it's hand or power, will dull soon after any dirt gets mixed in. If I were pulling that by hand I'd start finding the main chutes in at least a 4' diameter under the soil. And at 11" across, I'm putting my money on, you're in for a rude awakening pulling that by hand. Difficult to tell from the pic but if that's white pine, the root system will be shallow but cover a large area so the 4' estimate will like be as wide as 6' in any given direction. If that's a hard wood, I'm sorry in advance. If you decide you'd rather save your day and pay in beer and gas money, PM me. I own equipment.
From what little we can see of it, it does look like White Pine. Do I see marks indicative of a router? It'd be gummy, but it would work.

A Florida neighbor removed a stump using charcoal briquettes. It took two days, but the stump was reduced to ground level. Aside from forming a barrier, not much effort was involved, and roots still kept the soil intact.

A suggestion: don't count on a trailer hitch to pull the stump, and remain attached to the car!

Last edited by ApS; 07-16-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Router
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote