View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 07:26 PM   #20
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I have a 15 yr old KitchinAid Refridgerator, 'french doors, with freezer on the bottom'.

The freezer section just quit on me and things defrosting rapidly. I was able to move things from that freezer, to the second fridge in the garage for the time being.

I suspect the issue with the freezer may be the compressor is shot.
After 15yrs work, the main fridge section, may not be too long behind, before it totally shuts down. I guess after 15 yrs service, I've gotten my money's worth.

Should I bite the bullet and buy a new fridge, or invest the money (or should I say 'waste' the money). to have a repair company come out to diagnose ?
I think I know yours answers....

Thoughts ???
Replacing your Kitchen Aid Refrigerator with any similar sized refrigerator at this point may be difficult. I'd bet most of them are currently floating on cargo ships off of the coast of California.

That said, I would advise ordering a new one first prior to attempting to fix or repair.

Meanwhile, you can try to repair it, and if you do get it repaired you can cancel your order.

I ordered a new piece of furniture back in January; it just showed up the other day, almost 11 months after ordering.

These shortages are for the birds!
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote