View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
ApS

Question Value: "NET", not "Gross"

I'd like to participate in this poll, but there is no selection provided for the likes of me.

While in favor of peaceable boating, I don't dislike motorcycles. If motorcycle muffler laws were enforced, I wouldn't give their presence a second glance—and seldom go near Bike-Week locales anyway.

Why isn't there a UNH economic study showing the net value of Bike-Week to the state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I'm a registered Puritan according to the Mayflower society in Plymouth. We came here to avoid prosecution. And guess what? No matter where you go in this world you will be prosecuted for one reason or another. I guess it is a fact of life that there is no such thing as living freely. A lot of people are dying because of this.
As a Puritan, you're on the wrong side of the democratic process...

Quote:
"Confusing the Pilgrims and the Puritans has been a chronic popular error for many years. The more recent association of John Winthrop with the Pilgrims has been a novel expression of that mistake. Both Presidents Reagan and Bush referred to John Winthrop as a Pilgrim.

"Of course, John Winthrop had nothing to do with the Pilgrims. The Pilgrims were not his people. Winthrop's policies were so severe that he admonished the settlers to do as they were told. He was an authoritarian.

"The Mayflower Compact, in contrast, was based on consent of the governed, the very cornerstone of democratic process."
http://www.whateveristrue.com/heritage/mayfl.html