Thread: Money matters ?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #11
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

One other point, how many sweat investing and don't seem to have much concern over how much debt they are carrying? There is no such thing as good debt, some are admittedly worse than others... but I submit carrying debt into retirement is a bad idea.

Agreed on the market timing aspect of investing and that includes investing in mutual funds that are ACTIVELY managed. Over the long term usually these tend to do no better than passively managed index\growth funds after fees and taxes. I tend to spread things around a bit and annually review where I'm at. The only moves I tend to make is to re-balance more so than to chase "hot trends" that more times than not are a bad idea. I also stay away from individual stocks, I don't have the time or knowledge to play that game.

Although it has not been mentioned here, I am not a big fan of precious metals, the market is to difficult to read and it seems like it is driven or more accurately put manipulated based solely on speculation. Further that by the hit you take acquiring and divesting... there is a pretty decent amount of return that is required just to break even.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: