View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #399
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
NB has said he supports the Noonans and their right to do business. He was questioning the practicality of co-existing where they were not wanted.

Using your logic, I take it you support Northern Pass' right to open their business wherever they (damn well) please and equate it to the Civil Rights movement.
I had to Google "Northern Pass" because I had no idea what it was. I won't offer an opinion on your comparison because I don't have enough information to do so.

The point that I was trying to make, which apparently I wasn't making very well, is that to give up and go away simply because some people might not want you around (whether it's because of the color of your skin or because you're not a local and your presence will upset the status quo), even when you have every legal and moral right to be there, smacks of defeatism. It's not the kind of attitude that made (and makes) America a great country.

I'll give the Noonans the benefit of the doubt and presume that they've done an analysis that shows Laconia to be the best place to locate their skydiving business. Maybe that's why they're being so persistent. If what Tom is saying is accurate, and his proposed business can thrive and coexist with other airport users, maybe those who are against him will change their minds, if he is given a chance. Who knows, they might even see some benefit from the additional people who come to the airport. But to turn tail and give up solely because potential neighbors want you to go away is wrong.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote