View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #395
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with the Cival Rights Movement. NB
I'm not saying that the disagreement over locating a skydiving operation at the Laconia airport is a civil rights issue. Obviously, it's not. What I am saying is that using your logic (don't try to force yourself in where you're not wanted), the civil rights movement, at least as we know it, would not have happened. No civil disobediance. No sit-ins at lunch counters. No school integration. We would still have separate but (not so) equal. Would you have advised MLK and his compatriots to not try and force themselves in where they're not wanted? If not, what's the difference in your mind between exercising your rights in one instance but not another, when local sentiment is against you?

The Noonans have a right, within established rules and regulations, to open a business where they damn well please. I think that you probably agree with that. If they end up getting permission to operate at KLCI, the decision to do so shouldn't be dictated by NIMBYs who for whatever reason would prefer that they go elsewhere.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: