View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 08:34 PM   #86
winterh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
True that Bitcoin has posted that no more than 21 million coins will be mined. But completely uncertain that they will adhere to that cap. It is also completely uncertain who "they" are or what possible safeguards are in place to enforce the 21 million ceiling. Of course, there is a gigantic incentive for Bitcoin to increase the cap as soon as it is hit...

My fundamental problems with Bitcoin are:

It's easy to be skeptical of governments and banks, but it's absurd to think anonymous coders are more trustworthy.

The only transactions for which Bitcoin are intrinsically better than dollars are illegal transactions. For any other transaction, the fees and friction of dollars and big banks are nothing compared to the daily price volatility of crypto
No offense but there is so much wrong with your comment that it is clear you have at best a superficial understanding of Bitcoin or how it works. I can absolutely understand why some are skeptical but so many of the arguments I hear people make against it show a complete lack of understanding. Best to just say I don't get it and it's not for me.
winterh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winterh For This Useful Post: