View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 09:40 PM   #11
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
What Sue Doe-Nym said! There is something for everyone around the lake.

The Village Kitchen gets endorsed by many people on this site because it has a combination of good food, fair prices, and a welcoming friendly staff. The atmosphere is comfortable and the dining room is clean. I have never had a bad meal at the VK and I have enjoyed every visit.

Could you spend a lot more and maybe get a more upscale experience? Sure, and if that is what you are looking for, and it fits your budget, you should. It is not Boston, it is Moultonborough.

But for many people the VK is a great place to stop and enjoy. Obviously a lot of people feel that way because the VK has been successful for many years.
I've never been to the VK but it sounds like a good place for me - though I do wish they had some vegetarian options for my wife.

I just checked out their website. I happen to enjoy sitting in booths (check), I lean toward basic well-executed comfort food (check), I will walk out of a restaurant that isn't clean and I'm reading that the VK places an emphasis on cleanliness (check) and, being a soup lover, I'm not interested in a place that doesn't serve it (check). Back in the day, my wife and I frequented a local CT pizza joint for nine years straight nearly every Friday night. Same booth, same pizza, same brews, jeans and t-shirt, and a wonderful staff that would greet us by name and ask - "the usual"? That's my type of experience.

I can understand why some prefer a more sophisticated night out but I'm betting many on this site prefer a more laid back one even if the VK isn't where they typically go. Jeez - I think I just talked myself into a visit to Moultonborough this spring. Keep the soup warm please.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote