View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #37
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Couldn't agree more WBB.......The WOW trail should not continue.
We've walked and biked the trail several times and only saw 6 or 8 people from Lakeport to Laconia during nice weather in the spring. Saw some pretty creepy people hanging out in the woods just south of the old Scott and Williams buildings.
It's no wonder that people are concerned in Southdown.
But, aside from that, I have to ask why any reasonable person would want to build a fence on all of that beautiful shoreline.
BTW...we are Rails to Trails members and have used other trails around the country such as the one that runs down Gasparilla Island Florida but does not encroach on any of the shorefront.
We biked from Lakeport to Agway in Belmont and return this morning starting at 7:50 am. Going one way on the Laconia WOW trail section I counted 21 walkers/runners and 3 bikers, on the Belmont section I countered another 11 walkers/runners for a total of 32 walkers/runners over the 4 mile overall trail. In the mix were 4 leashed dogs and one baby carriage. No creepy people were noted today or any other time on the trail. While this is the 1st time that I made a count, today was pretty average for a weekday morning.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote